With Halloween and Dia de los Muertos (“Day of the Dead”) just around the corner, ice cream maker Salt & Straw celebrates with The Scoops & Skulls Series, which includes five limited-time ice cream flavors to mark the occasion(s).
Here’s what you’ll find in Salt & Straw’s Scoops & Skulls Series:
– The Great Candycopia – Salted butterscotch ice cream mixed with the chain’s home-made take on Kit Kat, Reese’s, Snickers, and Heath candies.
– Jack o’ Lantern Pumpkin Bread – Pumpkin spiced ice cream with pumpkin bread pieces and whipped cream cheese frosting.
– Creepy Crawly Critters – Matcha ice cream with chocolate-covered crickets and toffee-brittle mealworms.
– Chocolate Champurrado with Sesame Toffee – Spiced champurrado ice cream with Cloudforest chocolate and sesame seed palanqueta (traditional Mexican-style sesame toffee).
– Blackberry Tamales (vegan) – A combination of masa coconut cream sherbet and marionberry sherbet.
You can find the Halloween- and Dia de los Muertos-themed flavors now at Salt & Straw shops as well as their online store.
Photo via Salt & Straw.