Salt & Straw commemorates the nearing end of summer 2022 with the introduction of new “Veggies You Crave” ice creams, which feature five summer vegetables made into sweet ice cream.
Salt & Straw’s seasonal “Veggies You Crave” line includes:
– Carrot Cake Batter w/ Pralined Hazelnuts ice cream – A spiced ice cream made with sugar-coated and slow-roasted carrots and a hint of molasses mixed with candied hazelnuts and a swirl of cheesecake frosting.
– Spinach Cake w/ Chocolate Tahini Fudge ice cream – Vanilla ice cream mixed with crumbles of chocolate frosted, golden-green spinach cake (i.e. a Turkish-inspired cake with spinach baked in) and house-made tahini fudge.
– Green Fennel & Maple ice cream – Green ice cream made from an entire fennel plant complete with roasted seeds and juiced leaves, steeped in fennel pollen and maple syrup. It’s described as having a “refreshing black licorice-like flavor.”
– Charred Corn Curd, Cotija & Tajin ice cream – Mayo ice cream with a ribbon of charred corn curd with cotija cheese crumbles plus a hint of lime & Tajin seasoning.
– Red Chili Curry & Makrut Lime Crispy Rice non-dairy frozen dessert – Coconut cream frozen dairy dessert flavored with chilis, lemongrass, ginger, spices, and a touch of makrut lime, and mixed with crispy rice florentines also made with makrut lime.
– You can find the “Veggies You Crave” line for a limited time through September 2, 2022 at all Salt & Straw scoops shops as well as from their online store.
Photo via Salt & Straw.