2023 National Grilled Cheese Day Round-up
Wednesday, April 12, 2023 is National Grilled Cheese Day and while there aren’t a lot of deals out there, there are some, as well as a number of other grilled-cheese-related items of interest that I’ve included below:
National Grilled Cheese Day Deals:
– McAlister’s Deli – On April 12, 2023, Rewards Members can get $2 off a Ham and Cheese Melt Sandwich or a Four Cheese Melt Sandwich at participating locations.
– Potbelly – On April 12, 2023, you can add extra cheese to any sandwich for free when ordering through their app or website and using with the promo code “CHEESE” at all locations.
Making a Grilled Cheese:
It’s easy enough to make a grilled cheese at home, you just butter (in a pinch, or to your preference, you can use mayo instead of butter or margarine) two slices of bread, place them on a pan, and melt a slice or two of cheese on one of the slice and put them together.
But if you have to have a contraption that is specifically meant to make grilled cheese sandwiches, Kraft offers the Nostalgia Kraft Singles Grilled Cheese & Stuffed Sandwich Toaster, which can be found on Amazon for $39.99 (there’s also a non-branded version of the same toaster for $34.99). It’s basically a Kraft-branded, somewhat retro, 2-slot toaster with removable toaster baskets to hold you grilled cheese and a drip tray to catch any melted cheese and crumbs.
Fast food restaurants that offer a Grilled Cheese:
Most fast food chains don’t include a grilled cheese on the menu (although you can try your luck and custom order one at any number of them) but here’s a few that do:
– Five Guys – Their Grilled Cheese offers “Slices of American-style cheese melted on an inside-out sesame seed bun with toppings of your choice and grilled until golden brown.”
– In-N-Out – The In-N-Out Grilled Cheese is part of their “Not So Secret” menu and includes two melted slices of thick American cheese, lettuce, tomato, spread, and onions on a toasted bun.
– Panera – The Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich features American cheese slices grilled on thick-sliced Classic White Miche bread.
– Shake Shack – You can get a Grilled Cheese that consists of American cheese melted in an inverted, grilled potato bun.
– Sonic – The Sonic Grilled Cheese sees American cheese melted on Texas toast.
– Starbucks – They offer the Crispy Grilled Cheese on Sourdough, which consists of white Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on sourdough bread, topped with a Parmesan butter spread.
Photo via Panera.